Sivota of Thesprotia County is a picturesque village in the coast of the Ionian Sea and the most famous cosmopolitan resort of the area. The village is only half an hour away from the Capital of Thesprotia County Igoumenitsa and only 45 minutes from Parga.
It is a magic destination, built in an idyllic landscape, with green hills, with a view of the clear blue waters of the Ionian Sea, around a picturesque natural bay. Even the Norwegian fiords would be jealous of the complex of islands, which are around the bay. As far as the crystal blue waters and the beaches are concerned, they completely justify the reason why every year thousands of tourists visit this destination both from Greece and from abroad.
The historical research relates the little islands in the Sivota bay with the “Sivota Islands” mentioned by Thoukididis, within which a battleship took place in 433 B.C. between the Corfiots and the Corinthians during the Peloponnesian war.
Sivota are ideal for family tourism due to the fact that they can satisfy every age needs without disappointing the interest of couples, which want to have carefree and pleasant vacation. The excellent beaches Zavia, Mega Ammos, Mikri Ammos, Bella Vraka, Piscina as many more, the well organized marina and the exceptional tourist infrastructures offer ungrudging their hospitality, both to the locals and the tourists and can satisfy every desire of the visitor since he has many things to do, from water sports to excursions.
A unique place which apart from its natural beauty and its tourist infrastructures can in the same time offer the possibility of sorties like:
- Daily cruise in the islands of Paxos and Antipaxos.
- Daily cruise to the islands of Sivota.
- Visit of the ancient theater of Dodoni, the Necromancy or walk around Nicopolis.
- Enjoy canoe, kayak and ride on horseback to the river Acheron or simply walkthrough the river and remember the writings of Homer.
- The village of Perdika and Parga, a short distance for an evening stroll.
- Visit many Monasteries and Byzantine Churches, which complete the picture of the puzzle that a visitor can enjoy.
- Castles like the one of Poulia, of Velliani of Paramythia, the picturesque village of Vrahonas but also the unique villages of Souli with the great history in small distances from Sivota, which the visitor can enjoy.
- Meteora with their monasteries and the city of Kalambaka in such a distance that can be easily accessed for a daily visit from Sivota.
- During all the summer you can enjoy in small picturesque villages the Greek Festivals, which take place when the Saint of each village celebrates and you can enjoy the greek colour, the local habits of the greek traditional music and dances.